Prompted by the following news articles, I thought we could all use a reminder of the increasing complexity that is the US health care system.
- NPR: Obama Delays Implementing Another Part Of Affordable Care Act (8/13/2013)
- NYT: A Limit on Consumer Costs Is Delayed in Health Care Law (8/12/2013)
- NYT: Crucial Rule Is Delayed a Year for Obama’s Health Law (7/2/2013)
- NPR: Affordable Care Act’s Employer Mandate Delayed (7/2/2013)
- TheHill: HHS finalizes over 1,200 waivers under healthcare reform law (1/6/2012)
- TheHill: HHS grants 106 new healthcare waivers (8/9/2011)
- TheHill: HHS approves 200 more new healthcare reform waivers (5/13/2011)
- TheHill: HHS grants 500 new healthcare waivers (1/26/2011)
Prepared by the US Joint Economic Committee, Republican Staff
Chart Originally Released July 2010, Updated June 2012
PDF display courtesy of the Google Doc Embedder plugin.